If you’ve been injured for any reason and it was someone else’s fault, you may be able to claim for compensation. Many people get injured and this has a severe impact on not only their health but also their life in general. Not being able to work, or paying for extra help due to the severity of the injury and/or the longevity of the recovery period can not only create physical and emotional distress but also financial hardship.
Many people are not sure in what circumstances they would be able to claim compensation, whether they should claim for compensation and whether their claim is a genuine one. The one quick way to find out if you have a case where compensation could be claimed is by talking to the team at Accinet. A quick phone call, text or email will get you talking to a sensible north-east solicitor who is an expert in personal injury law, and after a few questions they will be able to give you the advice you need and get started on your claim.
What is personal injury?
Personal injury not only covers damage to your body, it can also include psychological impairment because of what happened to you. There are a wide variety of injuries that an expert personal injury solicitor can help with.
- Many accidents happen in the workplace but the truth is, an accident can happen anywhere.
- This might mean you had a slip or fall because of some hazard on the floor.
- It could cover long term damage because of exposure to dangerous substances such as asbestos that your employer didn’t protect you from.
- You may have been involved in a traffic accident that wasn’t your fault or perhaps you tripped over broken paving stones that were not repaired in a timely manner by the local council.
- You could have bought a product and it injured you in some way because of a design fault the manufacturer failed to notice or didn’t resolve.
- There are medical negligence claims where you have been given the wrong advice or a procedure went badly because of the inexperience or carelessness of the practitioner. Perhaps they were just too rushed to make a proper diagnosis.
People who suffer a personal injury are generally more focused on getting better rather than claiming compensation and that’s quite understandable. It does pay, however, to talk through your situation as quickly as possible with the team at Accinet as some claims will be time sensitive.
What is Negligence?
If you have an accident or incur an injury and it’s the fault of another person or organisation, then this is viewed as negligence. It means that the person at fault should have put in certain measures to ensure your safety. For example, in a car accident, a driver might be deemed negligent if they were not taking due care and attention. If you were working for a construction company and an injury occurred and you weren’t given adequate safety equipment to do your job safely then you would have a basis for a claim.
You might also consider contributory negligence where the plaintiff accepts responsibility but there is also a case to say that you were at fault as well. This can often be used as a way to reduce the amount of any claim and is one of the reasons why you need to get the advice and input of a qualified personal injury solicitor.
Why You Should Seek Expert Advice
Proving negligence and the case for compensation requires expert advice and guidance from a personal injury solicitor who will be able to fight your corner. Taking legal action can seem daunting, especially if you are wondering if you have a genuine personal injury claim and it’s not something that most people rush into but getting advice quickly is the best way to proceed.
The team at Accinet have been fighting and winning personal injury cases since 1995 and they are an experienced friendly team of North east solicitors who will fight for compensation you deserve.